• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xp mobile compatible mobos

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cujo

i need a list of mobo's that people have successfully had working with mobile athlon xps. reason is i'm building a system for a friend and i'd like to get a mobile 2500 since it's only 7 bucks more than a desktop and will most likely do 3200 speeds with same voltage.

i don't want to spend a lot of money on the mobo so i was looking at the kt600 chipset. i know for the gigabyte kt6 i have to wire mod an unlocked chip to 200fsb to get the pci ratios correct. i'm wondering how the mobo would react with a mobile in it.

so basically what are my options? what have you tried that works and what have you tried that doesn't work?

they work w/ any motherboard that supports Desktop Bartons......

although mobo's w/o multipier ajustment in bios will need a Pin mod to change multipier(kind of a pain, you have to take heat sink off an your cpu out and ever time you wanna change your multi), because mobile default to 6x........

The two most recommended boards tho are the NF7-S and the DFI Infinitty/LAN Party.
I personally vote for the NF7, since that's what I have right now, but I never had expirience with the DFI.

thanks for the replies guys. i'm tryin to keep it cheap though. this is for a girl going to university. she's not a big computer expert and won't be doing any overclocking. all i need is a cheap basic mobo that will run a mobile at 200x11 with out too much hassle. ie. no pin mods, etc.

where i shop the nf7-s and dfi boards are at least 50 bucks more than the cheap kt6 boards. she doesn't need soundstorm, firewire and any other features that the more pricey mobos come with.

What will she be doing with the computer? Basically if she's not gonna be encoding video and/or MP3s all day, or play the latest games on that system, i think you can go with a KT600 mobo as well. For browsing the web and using Office apps you don't need a speed demon as a PC.

The Coolest said:
What will she be doing with the computer? Basically if she's not gonna be encoding video and/or MP3s all day, or play the latest games on that system, i think you can go with a KT600 mobo as well. For browsing the web and using Office apps you don't need a speed demon as a PC.

that's exactly my point. i was hoping to find out what kt6 mobos the mobile worked with. she just needs it for basic web browsing, e-mail, and typing reports.

It should work on most if not all kt600 boards, the Abit KV7 will work.

Last edited:
Back