• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EMIII times

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SomaGaze

trouble with EMIII times

i don't have a screenshot of this cause i restarted my comp when it happened...

have any of you ever had EMIII show a cpu time to complete a protein in the 1000's of hours? in the preceeding frames it only had about 30-40 remaining with 7min frame times. then i come back a couple hours later and the frame times are running around 10hrs a piece.

my rig is in my sig, i am running the dually/ht one-click (4.0 until yesterday) 5.0 now. haven't had the problem with 5.0...but i just got a EMIII warning, and i am thinking its about to do the same thing again...

it just calculates the time between frames, if you were doing something intensive, say playing a game with 99% cpu usage, (never gonna happen, but jsut an example) it could take about 70 minutes to finish one frame. multiply that 70 x the amount of frames left, and you have alot of time

thats it basically

Xenocide said:
it just calculates the time between frames, if you were doing something intensive, say playing a game with 99% cpu usage, (never gonna happen, but jsut an example) it could take about 70 minutes to finish one frame. multiply that 70 x the amount of frames left, and you have alot of time

thats it basically

here's what my log just said

"[22:01:46] Finished a frame (92)
[22:32:35] Received unknown signal from OS. Ignoring...Received unknown signal from OS. Ignoring...
[22:32:43] Folding@home Core Shutdown: INTERRUPTED
[22:32:46] CoreStatus = 66 (102)
[22:32:46] + Shutdown requested by user. Exiting.***** Got a SIGTERM signal (2)

Folding@Home Client Shutdown."

would this have anything to do with the -forceasm flag? (not even sure what this does, but there is a warning for it in the log.

Back