• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC Chips mobos

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sup3rcarrx8

Hi guys. I was just wondering how stable Pc chip mobos are in general. I'm thinking about getting one of those bundle CPU/mobo deals off pricewatch.com and i found one with a 2800 barton for around $125 (the price of the CPU on newegg last time i checked). This will probably replace my current 2500 so it can fold. Any thoughts? Thanks.

I have used those boards before and I would suggest staying away from them! They are some of the absolute worst boards. Pc Chips ranks even lower than ECS in my book. My first board from them was dead out of the box and the second one barely worked, and they do not overclock very much at all. Spend the extra money on a good board from either asus,abit,dfi, or epox.

PC chips boards must be the rejected components of all other manufacturers. They come in dead to our shop faster than mosquito's to a bug lamp. Infact we sacked one of our system builders for using crappy boards like theirs. If you are looking for something cheap, I can recommend Biostar.

Also, beware deals on pricewatch. Always cross reference retailers by using http://www.resellerratings.com

-Rav

Best cheap boards in my experience are Asrock. They were setup by Asus to build their boards for them cheaper, in China. Mine are reliable and fairly fast. Also cheap. Don't know if you get them out there though.

My PC Chips board has been good to me. I'm not a hard core over clocker of course. I don't mind free speed of course so I'd be fine with even a just to 134MHz FSB on the Thoroughbred I have. Since you're folding I'm sure you're not going to be overclocking much if at all. The 811LUs are pretty cheap. You can get one for $26 online. Their boards sometime come with their jumpers incorrectly set causing a board to "die" but you can reset them to their correct position & all will be fine in most cases (its the CMOS jumper). That said in their defense, if you have the money you might as well go for a $50 board from Abit, MSI, or whoever which will be much newer & faster (oh yes, & you'll get temperature & voltage monitoring that works ;) ). I only bought the PC Chips board because I had a $200 budget on my computer & I got the whole rig in my sig for $200.

Last edited:
her
Rav said:
PC chips boards must be the rejected components of all other manufacturers. They come in dead to our shop faster than mosquito's to a bug lamp. Infact we sacked one of our system builders for using crappy boards like theirs. If you are looking for something cheap, I can recommend Biostar.

Also, beware deals on pricewatch. Always cross reference retailers by using http://www.resellerratings.com

-Rav

Pc Chips suck, I got the combo that was suppose to be 2800 and they sent an 1800 with very minimal overclocking functions (Amibios). Went and got the Biostar m7ncd pro and 2100 tbred. Buy the way the Biostar cost 5$ cheaper than the Abit nf7 rev.2 with the same bios (Award bios) and overclocking funtions+ nforce2 chipset. Great mobo.

Back