• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anyone played Full Spectrum Warrior for Xbox?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amino

I can't tell if it's an FPS or a 3rd person shooter. Also, if you've played it, can u tell me what it's like?

It's not a shooter, it's a real time strategy game. I ahven't played it but I know you control 2 squads of troops in urban cities similar to Iraq, and you have to use actual military maneuvers to complete the missions and get rid of your enemy.

The game's development was funded by the US Military and a slightly different version is used by the military to train soldiers.

FSW is pretty much what the Army uses as part of training during Sapper Leader course for Combat Engineers (I went though that last year) and some of the infentry schools.

It's a squad based leadership development and reinforcement. You are put in control of two (sometimes three) four man fireteams that include your teamleader (TL a sergeat), AR Automatic Rifleman with a m240 Bravo or an M249 SAW machineguns, G Granadeer with an M203A1, and a R Rifleman with an M16A2(A3,A4 ect).

The person in leadership position (you) then manuvers the two squads towards accomplishing a set objective utilizing appropriate squad movements such as Traveling, Traveling overwatch and Bouding overwatch. Each of the movement techniques has its pros and cons such as the amount of control over the fireteam, movement speed vs. security. You also renforce your movement with covering and suppressing fire when needed.

Basically its Ghost Recon + America's Army + Black Hawk Down. A very interesting game.A nice grab if you arent sick of the real "sand box" already :thup:

PS Cover, cover, cover... its there, use it and love it, it'll save your ***.

Do any of you guys know when it is supposed to come out on the pc?

September I believe. But in all honesty, I think it is one of those games that is best left to a gamepad. You're not controlling their aim, just when they shoot and where they move.

Back