• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Possible Problem A7N8X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

batharoy

What do the 2 items I circled in the picture do?
The reason I'm asking is because the one on the lower
right has almost come off and the other one is lose.

The reason I titled it Possible Problem is because the the system still runs
fine and I don't see any problems (unstable, crashing).

err.. not sure.. but on mine the 3 near the vidoecard.. the one inward on the mobo is soo lose .. almost want to see if i can get a new one and do some solderin ... or rma my mobo

edit: they are resisters right? or compasaters........... back to school for me.. maybe i can learn in grade 10 how to spell lol

Those are capacitors, they may move around a little if you touch them with slight pressure but they shouldn't be very loose.

So what are the possible problems running it with one of the barbs broken?
It's the lower right one in the pic. Could this cause my NB to run hot?

And does anyone know of a site that explains what the parts of a MB
do and why there assembled the way they are, or any other informative
articles about MB's?

Man I haven't heard any Lita Ford in a long time, maybe I should dig all my
cassettes out of the closet. :D

The capacitors stabilize voltage on a circuit, works kind of like a rechageable battery. I doubt it will make anything get hot, if it loses it's connection it could make the circuit unstable and possibly fail. That capacitor could go to just about anything near it. You may want to contact asus and see if they can help you out with it.

Cassettes? Nothing but cd's now. I remember in high school, I actaully had the Lita album on LP.

I tried to find it for you, but did not, I was reading an article and it was about how a bunch of motherboards had faulty capacitors on them, do a search and see if you can find it, I think that was one of the boards but not sure, anyway, it should be no problem to rma it if the cap is falling off is my guess.

Back