• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC3200 Ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xv-Le-vX

Registered
So if I buy a pair of corsair 512mb ram that is PC3200, will I be able to oc it higher than 200? Or is 200 it's top? If it is, that would mean I have to purchase ram at PC4000 to get higher overclocks right?

if you buy pc 3200 you can overclock pass 200 but it depends from memory, if you purchase pc 4000 you can overclock to 250 and pass alos depends from memory how far it will go, Most of all you need to know how far your cpu will go, for example you might have pc 4000 but your cpu might only do 202

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!!!!!!

Xv-Le-vX - check your personal messages. I sent you one, and I'm going to see if I can't get a hold of you on some IM client. I think your questions would be a little easier to answer that way. :)

Just overclock the ram in your sig. Think you will see better performace. ;) j/k

Just buy some quality pc3200 and it should oc decent, but that depend on you system.

You should be able to go a good 5%-10% over it's rating barring any other PC limitations.
as a reference, my corsair xms3200LL seems to run fine at 220 - 225 with no motherboard or CPU mods at all. I just upped the FSB (front side bus) and made sure it was sync'd with the speed for the RAM.

btw, my cpu is a 2500 Barton....

Back