• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The british siren haunting: Please help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whoever

HELP!!

okay, so I just installed a water cooling system in my computer and what do you know the computer powers on; but anywhere between 2-20 secounds it runs fine (except that the monitor stays in sleep mode), and then it shuts off and the PC speaker has this siren that alternates like a british police car, once it shuts down.

Ive already swapped out the ram, so I know thats not it. and i used a diff socket with diff ram.

I would assume that it was the vid card, but ussually when the vid is busted you just have no pciture, not alarms and shutdown

I cleared the cmos which did nothing.

Im hoping the cpu is some how fried (althogh I doubt it) because I was planning on replacing it (its an xp 2000)

the only given that I havn't done is swap out all the pci cards to see if that fixes it, mainly because im lazy and now there is a pump in the way.

any suggestions?

Could be your bios shutting it down cause a fan isn't connected to the cpu fan header. My NF7 makes that sort of sound if i dont have the bios set right.

Plug a fan into the CPU header, turn it on go to bios and look for cpu fan alarm and shutdown if no CPU fan disable them both and reboot

I think this should go in the watercooling section aswell

I have had similar issues. Reseat the vid card, check the mounting of the wb, ensure you don't have fan monitoring enabled in the bios, and clear your cmos.

On a side note, when I bumped up the fsb from 166 to 200 while simultaneously changing from optimal to agressive cpu interface settings, I would get no video.

Bumping up the agp voltage helped a little, but that stopped working after a while.

Are you using a GA-7N400 Pro2, perhaps?

Last edited:
well I got the system to power on as long as I want, and lost the siren, I had the wb monted wrong (i hve a fan/sink on it at the moment). But, I still don't get any video, the zalman sink that was on there practically fell off, I am hoping that with a new sink it will be okay but Im guessing that I fried it, but there is no way to tell without buying a wb for it and trying.

Back