• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swapping mobos: will i have to set up my SATA RAID again

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rock92884

Registered
Hey all,

Im building a PC for a friend and the only part missing is the motherboard (ABIT IC7 MaxII). The problem is he is leaving for school on Sat and the motherboard isnt due to arrive at my house until Monday. Since I too have an Abit ic7 maxII i was wondering if i give mine to him and wait for the new one on monday, will i have to format and set up my SATA raid over again. Or since the motherboards are the same, will it have no effect on my PC.

Thanks,
rock92884

Last edited:
Most likely, you will be fine since the controllers will be the same. To ensure success, flash to the latest level BIOS on both boards before disassembling the first and before booting on the new board. The latest level drivers should be installed to match the flash level. Needless to say, backup anything valuable just in case.

ok thanks ill give it a shot. i hope i dont have to reinstall, everything is set up just the way i like it

You're good to go. I swapped out a Abit Max3 down to a IC7 and my raid O array booted first time..everytime there after. No probs what so ever

Back