• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S2 Sound?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Str0be

Registered
It has onboard sound but i dunno how to get it to work.. little help would be nice.. and another thing.. its an AMD Athlon XP 2500+ yet in the properties of My Computer it says 1.10GHz.. Help:p

All of these reccomendations are based on my expirence with the NF7-S v2 BIOS, so somethings may be slightly different, but I would doubt that Abit revamped the BIOS menu for the -S2s.

It sounds like you CPU is set to 11*100 when it should be 11*166. In the first menu of the BIOS, there sould be a "Default" and "User define" option for CPU frequency, change it to 'Default" and give you 166 fsb. Make sure you set the RAM ratio to 6/6 too.

For the sound, go to "Integrated Perphials", and under one of the submenus there should be options for the NIC, Firewire, Sound, and USB options. Set the sound to enabled and make sure you have drivers for your OS.

Make sure the connections to the motherboard are correct, matching colors doesnt work, the connections are different. Check the manual for a real good explanation as to what connections go where.

GL

Lvcoyote

Back