• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KvM/KxM with Bluetooth

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raven

ok, ive got myself a little problem and a few questions, so if any of you could help me out that would be great.

So what i have set up here are two boxes, 2 keyboards, 2 mice, 2 sets of speakers, but only one monitor. So..... the obvious thing i would like to do is do get a KVM switch which would beable to support my MS Desktop for Bluetooth so i would only need one keyboard, and one mouse. So, ive been looking around for kvm switches with usb connectivity, and have found a few, but i am not sure if they support this ms bluetooth as a keybaord and mouse.

I am wondering if anyone has used this type of set up before with MS bluetooth and a kvm switch, and if anyone has, then i would greatly appriciate any info on what model of kvm i should get.

Also, on top of that, i called up MS yesterday and they called me back today and told me that to achieve what i wanted, i would have to get a KxM switch, but i have no idea what a KxM switch is (other then the fact that it is similar to a KvM switch). I tried googling up KxM but to no avail. So if anyone could educate me on KxM, i would also appriciate that.

Raven

I dont think this will work. I dual boot with linux, and my keyboard needs to be reauthenticated each time I switch. My guess is each time you switch between the two computers you will have to reauthenticate the keyboard. Mouse works fine though

But it must work. People have been doing this with other wireless keyboards and mice, and Microsoft has even verbaly confirmed with me that it will work with a KxM switch.

Someone must have tried it before right? I cannot be the first, or can i?

Back