• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new corsair ram not working?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This is LL memory. Are you booting by SPD? If so, perhaps the timings are just too low for your current sys configs.

If this is the case, you can boot with another mem stick, & manually set the mem timings to something really loose, then save. Then chuck in your Corsair LL, and see if it'll boot w/the looser timings. Then take it from there.

HTH

Strat

padgettbri said:
What motherboard/chipset?

iwill dpi533

i thought i set the timings to as high as they could go and by spd and it did the same thing in 2 boards (also tried in my asus p4c800)

That's Registered RAM, you probably need Unbuffered. From the IWill website:

System Memory
Dual DDR266 memory channels provide up to 4.3 GB/s of memory bandwidth
4 x DIMM slots
Supports up to 8GB DDR266 (PC2100) SDRAM
Supports ECC Chipkill memory modules
Supports Unbuffered DIMM modules

I'd also expect that the board would run it at DDR266, so no use wasting money on DDR400.

FredR said:
That's Registered RAM, you probably need Unbuffered. From the IWill website:

System Memory
Dual DDR266 memory channels provide up to 4.3 GB/s of memory bandwidth
4 x DIMM slots
Supports up to 8GB DDR266 (PC2100) SDRAM
Supports ECC Chipkill memory modules
Supports Unbuffered DIMM modules

I'd also expect that the board would run it at DDR266, so no use wasting money on DDR400.

i think you're right about the registered vs unbuffered... but for the speed, i got ddr400 because this system is overclocked and the memory is as well...

Didn't realize you could adjust the FSB of that board. Good luck with it.

Back