• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How important are game endings to you?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thalzaar24

Was just curious to see others opinions of game endings. Personally, after playing through a game, I would like to have a great ending. Lately, it seems that most all games focus all their time into making the game (which i don't blame them), but it seems that the ending is just something they whipped out in about 5 minutes. After spending hours completing a game, receiving some cheap, quick ending is very disappointing. Maybe i'm just playing the wrong games, but I can't really think of any games that had a nice ending. Most were short and lackluster.

So, what do you guys think? :)

I totally agree with you man.

Far Cry, Doom 3, Max Payne 2, COD, can't remember a good ending for a game in a long time. Maybe Warcraft 3? ive forgotten the ending, lol.

I hear ya man, after playing a game, you want a decent ending, to top it off so to speak. It's a let down, when the ending sucks. It does seem like the makers just think of an ending and slap it on the end, as an afterthought.

All them games i mentioned were amazing, buy endings were a disapointment.

Prince of Persia is one of the best games ive played until the ending...which reminded me of a soap opera, and we all know how bad they are.

Game endings back in the SNES days were the bomb.

Now they seem like nothing. I beat KOTOR and was expecting some cool stuff, but nothing really happened. :(

End of Halo was pretty good.

Theres a different ending for legendary?

I was getting my *** kicked on legendary, so i beat it again on heroic or whatever it's called.

Dam, whats different about it?

I thought KOTOR ending was a bit lame as well. Though the story, and the plot twist was wicked.

El-Scotto said:
its just a little clip added in, a little humerous one keep trying on legendar ;)
hah, yeah ive seen that :) the alien hugs the marine and stuff lol
as far as endings, they're very important to me

I thought max payne 2 had a great ending. I loved the max payne games because it had a nice story and ending to them. Also the end of HL was great.

end to Starcraft Broodwars i thought was good, they better make a sc2!!!! they better!!!!!

thats the reason i LOVE blizard games.

movie quality fmv's a proper script, the game flows from the story so it feels more real

dont you agree?

i couldn't agree more, spending countless hours on a game for a less than mediocre ending is very dissapointing...its like waking up after a night of partying only to find a crossdresser in bed with you

Natti said:
i couldn't agree more, spending countless hours on a game for a less than mediocre ending is very dissapointing...its like waking up after a night of partying only to find a crossdresser in bed with you

lol
well i didnt particularly think the SC videos were great the diablo 2 ones were amazing, I just meant story wise i liked SC and cant wait to see whats going to happen :)

Every ending seems to also be a begining, ie a squel or add on.

I like that, but not right away. I would rather have a developer wait 5 years do a new engine and make another fantastic game that rush out another to make more money.

Yeah I agree the ending is the cherry on top of a game. One reason I liked Diablo 2 was the mini movies inbetween the acts.
Gotta love the ending movies.... When I lay out some dough for a game, I want the ending movie!!!!

to me, the game ending is the most important part, i played silent hill 3 with a friend and beat it, the entire game was kick butt, but the ending stunk to high heaven, it is the last impression i have of the game as i finish it, it is what gives me closure to the amount of time spent to end it, it is suppose to be the most detailed and graphic part that raps up the entire game. so YES it is very important to me how it ends.

Agent_Mull said:
I thought max payne 2 had a great ending. I loved the max payne games because it had a nice story and ending to them. Also the end of HL was great.

I just wanted Mona to survive.

I also thing the cartoon pictures thing is lame is the Max Payne games. Cutscenes or in game movies would be far better.

Back