• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How important are game endings to you?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey, no one has mentioned the Call of Duty ending. I got some serious adrenaline storming the reichstag(sp?), and I really liked the band of brothers style ending reel.

Call Of Duty ending was lame if you ask me, no big finalie to it, just another mission, boo hoo.

And as for Medal Of Honour.................... Well............................ :confused:

Max Payne 2 definitely has a nice ending. Thanks for bringing up this question. Now I think I will rate the game by its ending.

A good ending is the whipped cream on top of a sundae. Its good, it makes the desert better, but the ice cream is still good without it. Gameplay is what counts the most. I usually don't get too wrapped up in the story.
The best story/ending I have seen lately is Unreal II: The Awakening.

Far Cry? I didn't know that game ended. And as for the KOTOR endings, play through as bad and good and man and woman and you get 4 endings!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess that is kind of cool, but I was some what satisfied by the ending. CoD had a pretty good ending I thought.

fabulouscoops said:
A good ending is the whipped cream on top of a sundae. Its good, it makes the desert better, but the ice cream is still good without it. Gameplay is what counts the most. I usually don't get too wrapped up in the story.

well said

If I'm playing a game that I like...I will always hate the ending because I don't want it to end. So I guess just about every game I have bothered to finish, I didn't like the ending.

The only endings I feel that are important are for RPGs, for any other type of game its just extra.

endings are important, or i end up with a bad taste of the game after i'm done playing it

i liked all the chrono trigger multiple endings thing :)

yea warcrafts was nice since they are setting it up for WoW, hopefully we'll have Arthas going around towns beating people up :p

Grov said:
I just wanted Mona to survive.

I also thing the cartoon pictures thing is lame is the Max Payne games. Cutscenes or in game movies would be far better.
I think cutscenes would look cheesey because i think characters look stiff and not very life like close up and when they are just moving around. Annother thing i loved about the max payne games are the metaphors and the language max uses in the games.

I have a feeling that Brothers in Arms will have an ending that we all crave. I don't really know why, I just have a hunch.

El-Scotto said:
yea warcrafts was nice since they are setting it up for WoW, hopefully we'll have Arthas going around towns beating people up :p

okay...now I have to go back and finish up the game and see the warcraft 3 ending.

I remember the best endings I have seen and it was on very old systems..

Phantasy Star 1, Sega Master System
Legacy of the Ancients, Commodore 64
Target Earth, Sega Genesis
Zelda, Nintendo Entertainment System
Resident Evil, Playstation

There a few others but bascially, they are really old games. Alot of the new games don't have that much time or money to do it.

fabulouscoops said:

Atleast 1 person liked the Unreal II story.

yeah, ending is very important.
Warcraft had a good one and 1st Max Payne
I also likes Star Wars Jedi Knight series games endings

From a scale from 1 to 10, it's probably a 1. It's nice to have a cool ending, but I play games for the gameplay, not for the ending. I'd rather watch a movie.

Flashfx2 said:
From a scale from 1 to 10, it's probably a 1. It's nice to have a cool ending, but I play games for the gameplay, not for the ending. I'd rather watch a movie.

great ending is a bonus....it makes you remember the game and have something to talk about with friends. ;)

Back