• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

would the Swiftech MCX370 make a good WB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JimboZ88

Does anyone think that the Swiftech MCX370 make a good WB?
mcx370.jpg

56_swiftech_mcx370_0a_b.jpg

It would be made like Hoot's Pin-fin Waterblock Linkage
It's only $8.50 canadian, so if any of you think it would make a good WB, it would be a sweet deal. Thanks in advance for any help you give

I suppose it might be ok if you could somehow get water.. to ahh.. hmm.. flow through it..? Might have some engineering issues ahead of you. Please post pics of your progress. I love a good mystery.

JimboZ88 said:
Does anyone think that the Swiftech MCX370 make a good WB?
mcx370.jpg

56_swiftech_mcx370_0a_b.jpg

It would be made like Hoot's Pin-fin Waterblock Linkage
It's only $8.50 canadian, so if any of you think it would make a good WB, it would be a sweet deal. Thanks in advance for any help you give

If it was copper I am sure you could have made something preaty good out of it, but its not so I would say stay away / keep looking for another alternative.

-Alex-

Well, the baseplate is rather thick, so it wouldn't be that great of a waterblock, but it would work if you could seal it all up fine.

JimboZ88 said:
Thanks for the reply's, i probably won't use it though, because i'd rather use copper. Does anyone know if melted down pennies would work well for a DIY WB? (besides being illegal :eek:)

wouldnt it be easier to just hackup a heatsink thats all copper?

And what do you have that will be a mold and I really wanna know where you will get the 2000F of even heat from...

Well the swiftech blocks are based primarily around the same idea, and they're in copper, and theyre relatively cheap. If you want to DIY, then thats groovy, but superior block are being made on that same premise. If any of you dont drift over to pro-cooling, this thread/article by pHaestus is quite illuminating.

jamesavery22 said:
wouldnt it be easier to just hackup a heatsink thats all copper?

And what do you have that will be a mold and I really wanna know where you will get the 2000F of even heat from...

It's a project for metal class at school, so it's strictly DIY, i'm not really looking for an easy project, just something that i can work on at school. My instructor says that we can melt copper in the shop, so i won't doubt him.

Back