• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prime95 Torture Test fails in the 1st minute...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pollux

Ive been trying to it 2.42ghz (220x11) and Prime95 Torture Test (blend) always fails within 2 minutes. I've tried using up to 1.95 vcore, and got the same result. Arent the first tests in the torture test on the memory? I'm trying to figure out what is the limiting factor in my overclock. Could it be timings? What should try ....3-4-4-7?

Memtest86 will work for memory, but I find that for it to be effective you have to run the extended tests. To do that press "c" when it starts running and choose "extended tests" from the menu.

If you're doing this on a desktop barton 2500 you probably can't get to 2.4 Gigs... The highest I could get mine was 2.35. Is it locked? If so I doubt the problem is your ram.

HousERaT said:
If you're doing this on a desktop barton 2500 you probably can't get to 2.4 Gigs... The highest I could get mine was 2.35. Is it locked? If so I doubt the problem is your ram.

yea, it's locked.

Back