• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Gaming mouse pads (laser mouse)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krowa 02

Could anyone suggest me a nice mousepad for my new MX510. Im using an Xtrac but its all fubar after having it for a long time. I want to maximise my cs killing potential.

JamminPotato said:
btw the mx510 is an optical mouse the mx1000 on the other hand is a true laser mouse

I dont care for wireless mice (if it isnt wireless then im stupid, but its still to expensive for me :( )

It's too bad I just bought an MX700 off ebay a couple weeks ago for $36 (a returned item missing the batteries and I already had NiMh rechargables I used in my Intellimouse Explorer). I really like the battery gauge on the mouse itself. That's awesome.

i have the mx510 and an everglide Destruckt mega pad... its huge, its smooth and it works extremely well with the mx510 mouse.

i would also like to know what a really good gaming pad would be. i am currently just using some small little dell thing. i would like to get better response with my mx 310. keep the suggestions commin here folks. tell us what you use personally. :)

baqai said:
i have mx510 and i am happy with both Xtrac and Steelpad 4D
yea steelpad 4d, got one with my mx510. a very well made pad. i can tell it will last a long time. very happy with it.

I find my MX510 works best when I ditch the mousepads and just use the wood grain pattern in my desk/table top. This also means I never fall off the edge of the pad trying to save my self from getting splattered (AGAIN) in UT2K4.

DWolf:cool:

Honestly speaking it comes to personal preferences as in how much you want to spend on your mousing surface .. i have tried Xtrac, Steelpad 4D and Everglide Half-Life Game Of The Year Edition mouse pad ..

Things you would like to see before you choose a mousing surface

1. Your desk space

Yeah going for a nice big mouse mat would be awesome provided you have space for it, its pointless to have a big *** mouse mat which is half covered by your keyboard ..

2. Pad Or Mat

Another issue, if you ask me i am comfy with both but if i HAVE to choose between two i will go for mat .. mainly because i have sweaty hands and on pad especially Steelpad 4D and 4S it becomes slightly uncomfortable in prolonged gaming / computing

3. Thickness

Do you want a slick and thin mousing surface or you have a heavy mousing surface, i go for think ones

4. Price

Yeah you can spend around 50 bucks for icemat but is it that important to you? i mean i can buy a brand new game for that price .. come to think of it ..

Overall if you ask me i would have gone for Steelpad 4D because its cheaper than its "elder" bro SteelPad 4-S and gets the job done well

hope that helps?

baqai said:
Honestly speaking it comes to personal preferences as in how much you want to spend on your mousing surface .. i have tried Xtrac, Steelpad 4D and Everglide Half-Life Game Of The Year Edition mouse pad ..

Things you would like to see before you choose a mousing surface

1. Your desk space

Yeah going for a nice big mouse mat would be awesome provided you have space for it, its pointless to have a big *** mouse mat which is half covered by your keyboard ..

2. Pad Or Mat

Another issue, if you ask me i am comfy with both but if i HAVE to choose between two i will go for mat .. mainly because i have sweaty hands and on pad especially Steelpad 4D and 4S it becomes slightly uncomfortable in prolonged gaming / computing

3. Thickness

Do you want a slick and thin mousing surface or you have a heavy mousing surface, i go for think ones

4. Price

Yeah you can spend around 50 bucks for icemat but is it that important to you? i mean i can buy a brand new game for that price .. come to think of it ..

Overall if you ask me i would have gone for Steelpad 4D because its cheaper than its "elder" bro SteelPad 4-S and gets the job done well

hope that helps?

Totally helps, thanks alot :attn:

Im probably going to mod my mouse too, get that weight out of it, see how that helps me. Im going to check out all the pads you guys suggested to me in a bit, thanks alot :).

Ok so im stuck between the Steelpad now, and the surface1030, since the 1030 has that little wire tie off so the wire dosent tick me off (believe me I used to go through tons to avoid that with my old mice )

Gonna mod my mx510 still, get that stupid weight out of it.

TheNewGuy143 said:
But dont last very long, i would have to say. They wear out after time. But when its new its incredible.

Are you referring to Ratpadz? I've had one for 4 years, one of the originals. It came with my Razor Boomslang with the ol' Razor logo on it. They don't wear out. I don't even have any worn smooth surfaces on it yet. Maybe they don't make em like they used to. *shrugs*

That would be my suggestion. It's lasted me a long time. It still has a well textured yet slick surface. You can wax it up for an even better time.

Back