• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audigy 2 install without CD - keeping it simple and basic

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

microfire

Just don't a fresh format and windows reinstall.
Im trying to install my Audigy 2 drivers without the CD, keeping it simple and trying to advoid the rubbish I don't want from the CD.
All I want is the driver and the speaker settings tab.

Downloaded the lastest drivers from creative.

Installed, sound working ok.

Here where it is not ok. I only want the speaker settings tab. I downloaded the SPKSET030206.exe module. The thing says cannot detect required componants. Help!
Also does this when trying to install the surround mixer (not that I intent on installing this one).

btw. Is there any mods that can be done to my Audigy 2 card, it the original type card I think? Has the copper color connectors, brought this start 2003.

Driver installation always drove me crazy with my audigy 2 when trying to go minimal like you. Your getting the error message because certain files from the CD were not installed when you used the drivers from the net. When the modules program looks for 'installed componants' it's not looking for hardware. It is looking for software and software links to the hardware. Trouble is I don't know of a way (though I'm sure there must be) to get those files/links in place without installing from the CD.

It is supposedly possible to install only the drivers from the CD. Have you tried doing that and then getting the update and module progs from the internet? Or is the problem a lack of a CD?

DWolf:cool:

That is exactly what I did. Used the CD to just get the drivers, then updated from their site. I dont like any of that extra BS either. I would think he doesnt have the CD anymore, or a damaged one.

I hear that it is possible to use the Audigy 2 ZS with the earlier Audigy 2. Better driver set and less cpu usage, is that right?

I honestly don't know for sure, but I would think you can.

BTW If you are missing the CD and need the original drivers go to this site (you have to register but it's free and they don't bother you with 10 emails a day ;) ) and search for original creative cd drivers, you should find them without much problem.

DWolf:cool:

The lastest driver works without the cd install. I am using it now. Just use the windows speaker settings to change/switch your output to the speakers.

I found a ZS driver download, the whole cd. Then apply the patch and you can install the full ZS drivers on Audigy 1 and 2 cards and well as sound blaster live!
Reports of better cpu usage and enhanced sound qaulity.

I personally have not tryed this yet. I am happy with just the last audigy 2 driver loaded.. I rather have as less as possible loaded when windows boots, then choose programs to run when I require them

Read the sticky here:
http://www.driverheaven.net/forumdisplay.php?f=33

Back