• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

resolutions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maiof

hello again :) ... i have another question....

is there a way i can get higher resolutions? when i was on win98 it allowed my video card to reach something like 2000x1600... something like that... but when i upgraded to winME it now allows only up to 1280x1024... i know my VC and monitor can do more because i run it at 1600x1200 in linux...

thanks again,
maiof

i have a 17' monitor... winME autodetected the monitor, but when i had 98 it detected it as a generic monitor and let me reach higher resolution. also when i upgraded from 98 to me i also upgrade from a 15 to 17 inch monitor.... my 17 is a ctx... on their webpage it says that this monitor can only do 1280x1024, but i know it can higher because like i said, in linux i was able to get 1600x1200 with this (17 ctx) monitor.

Sounds like ME is detecting the correct plug and play values, while the others have little regard for the monitor's specs. I think it's better to run it at spec. It may run at a higher resolution, but I wouldn't want to leave it there for long... there's probably a reason it isn't rated that high (may burn it out).

Back