• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hynix creates cheaper TCCD alternative

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sentential

Contributing Member
Anandtech
^^ Check it out, new Hynix revision DTD50.... its not only faster with the same timings, but its both cheaper and takes less voltage. PLUS it keeps the same top end with loose timings that CTD50 carries. :thup:

my first love was hynix. but if u saw the timings at ddr400/433 u saw 2.3.3.5. that is indicative of the d43/d5 chips.probably a better than average yield cause the timings at hi speed are a little better. but in my book the tccd is still more flexiable across the board.

flapperhead said:
my first love was hynix. but if u saw the timings at ddr400/433 u saw 2.3.3.5. that is indicative of the d43/d5 chips.probably a better than average yield cause the timings at hi speed are a little better. but in my book the tccd is still more flexiable across the board.
showdoc.aspx

If you look at that you will see that this stuff can maintain low latency at very high FSB speeds. Besides lol this is the first batch of the stuff.

For you A64 guys...especially take note of THIS!

290 with 3-3-3-11 @ 2.8v :drool:

Wow, I wonder what you could reach with an AXP? :drool: You think that those would be a good substitute for BT D43 Sen? I'm tempted to test them out and see how they do.

Well, as soon as I get this EB off my hands, I'll check it out and see. I'm really curious now. I'm still waiting on the magic ram that will take me above 240, so if it goes to 250+........ I need to get this EB out of here faster though.

Sentential said:
showdoc.aspx

If you look at that you will see that this stuff can maintain low latency at very high FSB speeds. Besides lol this is the first batch of the stuff.

For you A64 guys...especially take note of THIS!

290 with 3-3-3-11 @ 2.8v :drool:

Actually, the max speed was 274mhz. When you use a .5 multiplier on the A64, the memory ratio is a bit different. Still not bad for those timings. ;)

Thats cuz 754 is gettting the axe soon, hence why all the reviews are being tailored to S939.

Plus they assume everyone who buys the RAM will be on the best of the best, ie 939.

The highest I got the OCZ3700 Rev3s up to were 275 2.5,4,4,8. Here is how well they did. Just a few minutes ago I got the OCZ 3200 Plat Rev 2 2x512, up to 275 2.5,3,3,6 @2.8v. Here is how they did. I think I'll keep my 3200 Plat Rev2s

BigStan said:
The highest I got the OCZ3700 Rev3s up to were 275 2.5,4,4,8. Here is how well they did. Just a few minutes ago I got the OCZ 3200 Plat Rev 2 2x512, up to 275 2.5,3,3,6 @2.8v. Here is how they did. I think I'll keep my 3200 Plat Rev2s

i agree wholeheartedly,. the pc3700 rev3 is about 275.00 the pc3200 rev2 is about 280.00.i ran my pqi tccd up to 265 @ 2.3.3.5 at 3.2 volts . 290 @ 2.5.3.3.8. now if u can find some kvr with these new revision hynix for cheep then it would be a good buy.. but right now the tccd runs the same timings (sometimes better, especially @LL) and can oc as hi or higher..

I wonder if Hynix would behave better with the NF7 though^. Haven't you guys only been hitting 245 max on the PQI? Or is that with a gig? Maybe it is, I might have looked at it wrong. Still, the KVR at CC is 120 right now and the OCZ is 150, which isn't that much higher, but you get it from a higher quality maker and it supports higher voltages under warranty. I'd still buy the DT D5 to see if it responds as well to the NF7 as the BT D43 does. I like trying new things as opposed to buying the tried and true sometimes. It's kind of exciting to test stuff that has barely been overclocked and see what potential it has.

Hynix always made the most stable RAM on the planet. Sure it may not perform quite as good, but its always been rock solid.....unlike my micron :mad:

Sentential said:
Hynix always made the most stable RAM on the planet. Sure it may not perform quite as good, but its always been rock solid.....unlike my micron :mad:

i have tested alot of hynix d43/d5 and it was always very stable.

Back