• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

company i work for needs a unix/linux guru badly

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

twump

if any of you guys live in the north san fransisco bay area and know unix/linux like the back of your hand and are looking for some work i may have something for you.

I work for a small Dialup ISP. our current network admin is a complete moron. it takes him 3 months to get anything done. I am trying to talk my boss into firing him and hiring someone who actually knows what they are doing. having him replaced would make my job easier and make the place run a hell of alot smoother.

to be qualified for this job you need to know UNIX, and debian flavored linux.
must have experience maintaining a webserver, an e-mail server and most importantly a radius server.

this is not a fulltime job this is more of an on call job. we contact you when we need things done to the server and you contact us and tell us when they are done. must be available in case of an emergency crash of the servers.

right now we don't have any backups that i know of (one of many reasons we need to replace our current admin) on any of the servers. setting up redundancy may possibly lessen the need to rush to our server if one crashes.

knowing c++ is a HUGE plus. if you are able to whip out a small script to run logs and various other functions my boss will love you.

fyi i do tech support for the company. right now half the calls i get could be avoided if we just had a network admin who knew what he was doing.

i will admit right now that my boss can be a pain in the *** but with this job you would never have to be in the office. 80% of communication between you and us would be through e-mail.

if anyone is looking for some extra work and meets those qualifications e-mail me your resume to twump(at)yahoo.com and i will forward it on to my boss.

Back