• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Geil PC3200 Ultra X good ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wfarid

Ey, I'm thinking about Geil PC3200 Ultra X, but no one here at the forums seems to like me... They perform pretty good http://www.anandtech.com/memory/showdoc.aspx?i=2174&p=4

They scale higher than ballistix while still keeping considerably tight timings.. I was thinkin about getting this for my asus p4c800 e dlx board... That way i could always clock down my 3.2e (sl7b8) to a 14 multi and up the fsb (possibly) to 4.0 and the geil could handle it with @ a 1:1 ration with considerably tight timings... ANd if dont do that, I'll still have great timings @ 250 with the normal settings for my 3.2e

i'm considering Ultra X as well for my 3.2E. i'm currently running OCZ pc3200 EB @ 245fsb and that's pretty much where it tops out so i'm needing something that will go just a little bit higher, since I don't intend on going much past 4GHz on air. Either Ultra X, OCZ plat Rev 2, or OCZ pc4000 gold. Prob end up going with whatever's a better deal.

yea i saw that, but im still not sure if that's the best ram for my means.... do it really perform as well as it did at anadtech?

That is the problem with the Geil, no one here has reported results so it is hard to make a decision based solely on that Anandtech review. On the flipside, all of the TCCD ram has performed well. Of course that statement then leads me to suggest that, based on what flapper stated in a recent thread, PCP (Patriot) is going to be releasing TCCD based ram in a few weeks and they seem to price their stuff pretty low. That could be the next great buy.

Which ram to buy...the choices are endless.

Its called RAM Disease and I hate to tell you, there's no cure.

Back