• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.1GHz Celeron2 Announced

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'll take two...they're small..=)

I doubt that they'll overclock very well, with the 11x multiplier they have. The C733 has the same multi, and they are known to be horrible overclockers (there are exceptions to every rule, but....).

Has anyone seen a retail price for one of these anywhere?? Just curious. Amazing to see a 1.1GHz Celeron, at default everything.... My C600 comes close (1053MHz or 1.05GHz), but that's wrung out to the max.

I'd be inclined to go for one of the 800, 850 or 900 models. those multipliers are easier to work with.

I must confess, I'd love to play around w/ one of those 1.1's though...=)

Someone wanna buy me one...pweeeeeze?? :D

Mr B

Hey Mr B, here in Italy it costs under 150$, but now is on the way, the price will drop a lot in the next months ;)
I'm very interested to this chip, but probably the best way to go is a 900's, even if I'm considering to go with a new Mobo & chip, a Tb1.2 or 1.4Ghz on a Abit KG7-Raid and 256/512Mb of Ddr.

I was telling the wife today, as I dragged her into a small PC shop locally, that I intend on embarking on an AMD project next year.

I'm looking long and hard at the Abit KT7A mobo. Chip, I'm undecided yet. I'm leaning towards the 1.33 or 1.4 266FSB T-Bird, though.

Definitely can't think about doing this til next year, as it's just not in the budget. (unless I find the mobo for a song on e-BAY...:D )

You'll likely hear about me playing with a Celeron 900 first, as that would just drop right into my current config.

1.1GHz at default. Might be fun to toy with one for a while....

I've got a P/// 850E coming soon. Got it for short money, as it may or may not work. Supposedly, it boots into the BIOS, and then hangs.

Sounds like a BIOS problem, or hardware conflict/problem to me, though. I've got the fingers crossed it works......

BTW, the Doors...didn't I say not too long ago you were starting to sound like a Senior Member?? Nice stars....:D

Mr B

Mr B said:
I'll take two...they're small..=)

I doubt that they'll overclock very well, with the 11x multiplier they have. The C733 has the same multi, and they are known to be horrible overclockers (there are exceptions to every rule, but....).

Has anyone seen a retail price for one of these anywhere?? Just curious. Amazing to see a 1.1GHz Celeron, at default everything.... My C600 comes close (1053MHz or 1.05GHz), but that's wrung out to the max.

I'd be inclined to go for one of the 800, 850 or 900 models. those multipliers are easier to work with.

I must confess, I'd love to play around w/ one of those 1.1's though...=)

Someone wanna buy me one...pweeeeeze?? :D

Mr B

I've got Posts for Sandra and WCPIID for my Celeron at 1098Mhz, Ill do 1116Mhz when I remember to.

Sohryu Asuka Langley said:

I've got Posts for Sandra and WCPIID for my Celeron at 1098Mhz, Ill do 1116Mhz when I remember to.

Of the C600, right? Those are known to o/c well, though (you got a really good one, too...lol).

The 700, 766, and likely the 1.0 and 1.1 have the high multiplers though. Ususally that's a problem when overclocking these...

I killed that Celery yesterday at a LAN :( Don't know what happened, just didnt boot. Maybe the transport killed it.

I do have a replacement now, wait for it, an intel Celeron 600! This time I remembered to write down what it says on the CPU:

Q037A185-0893 SL4NX

So far this thing has done 1008Mhz @ 2.0v but I'm running at 900Mhz 1.95v now :( I guess I'll never see my 1116Mhz again :(

*sob* :(

Back