• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need a good teambased FPS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Panzerknacker

Disabled
One word: RTCW.

BUT..

It has to run on this:

AMD Athlon 1ghz
768mb DDR
Radeon 9200SE

Because of that 9200SE, RTCW does not run at a acceptable framerate. And maybe I'm just getting a litle tired of it.

So I don't know anymore, maybe some of u guys have some suggestions about a good teambased FPS that does actually run on the above system. I don't care if it is a old game, all are welcome as long as it's fun and addicting, and as long as it isnt Counter Strike.

So, hope u can help me out :D

MiNdWaRp said:
Counterstrike :)

:confused:

I thought he said not to list counter strike?

anyway, panzer, why not try out for the BF:1942 DC clan at http://www.overclockedgamerz.com/index.php
they have a great team, with lots of fun guys to get you hooked.

it can be slower paced then RTCW, yet I got hooked on BF:V....
and if you remember, I'm a big fan of RTCW too.

joining a clan and playing with teamspeak and a headset is a blast.

mica

:rolleyes: Mindwarp's obviously not one for reading. ;)

I agree w/ Mica. Look into BF1942 and Desert Combat. It's slower paced than RTCW, but still a blast. Definitely check out the team over www.overclockedgamerz.com. Great guys, and clan play is the next best thing to LAN play w/ some buddies. :D

Try Wolfenstein Enemy Territory. It's free online, just have to download it. You might even get addicted like me. I played it for 6 hours straight today. The only reason I stopped is because it acts up now and then and won't let me play on the internet :).

Thanks for all the replies :D. I will look at Battlefield 1942 DC, but, will it run playable on this crappy videocard? I'm happy with 30 fps. I'll try the demo today to see how it runs.

Wolfenstein: ET is not an option, it's very unplayable with 9200SE. Any game with Quake 3 engine is unplayable, cuz u need 90fps in those games and I only get 40 and it drops to 20 or 10 :S

I'll have a look at Rainbow Six and Tribes as well. I don't really know much about R6, which version should be playable on my system and will be fun as well?

If u have more suggestions, they are welcome.

Last edited:
Look @ avatar really close and the go to file planet T2 is free now day's.

jonspd said:
Look @ avatar really close and the go to file planet T2 is free now day's.

Are u sure T2 is free? I know T1 is free, I already downloaded it, weird game at first, but I'm trying to get into it. But I'll check if T2 is free as well :D.

Back