• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Think i hit the wall?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MODdaBOX

im oced to 3.7 from my 3.2e i have a lanparty pro 875b 1gig of pc-4000 corsair. Im at stock v-core 1.375 and i cant seem to go above 232fsb if i increase my v-core to 1.4 it still wont boot windows. at first i thought it might be the NB because it was really really hot with the stock fanless sink so i bought a NB-1c and nothing. So do you think my cpu is maxed out or is the board not able to handle it. I dont think its the mem because it should be able to go up to 250 fsb without any problems right? Any help will be greatly appriciated.

Thanks for taking a look
-Bobby

i have that same board with a 3.0e and i can run it stable at 245 fsb (3.65) til i get new ram and then i hope i can hit 266 (4.0 ghz)
and i have stock cooling on the nb and the fans from my heatercore are blowing "cool-ish" air on it and it never goes above 38
maybe that chip just isnt a spectacular oc'er :(

~Magick_Man~

you moght want to try loosening the timings on ur ram a little bit.
i got a couple more fsb by doing that
but i have 3200 and i have to set it for 266 or it wont boot
it might be a little bit different with your ram though

~Magick_Man~

i tryed going up to 1.46 but no such luck still doesent boot windows. Also do you ajust the memory timeings on a lanparty board they look like there locked

ok go into the bios and then:
go to "ADVANCED CHIPSET FEATURES"

then set your "MEMORY FREQUENCY" to 400 for now.

then go to "DRAM TIMING SELECTABLE" ans set it for manual

and change them to your likings.
just play with them until you get it to work.
it you still cant get it to work try setting your ram freq to 320 and try it again.
and in none of that works then take the chip out and go to the post office and mail it to me.
and i will consider that payment for my helping you :)
hope that helps.

~Magick_Man~

Back