• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking my x800 PRO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Control-FrEaK

Well I recently broke down and bought and X800 PRO. I think its just a regular XT PE, I havent seen anything about it to lead to believe its a vivo or what not.

So my question is two fold:

First, can I flash my bios and get a benefit, or are my extra pipes permanently closed unlike the normal vivos, and if i wanted to try would it be easy to undo.

Secondly, I figure I would like to cool the card better one way or the other, if it isnt modable to an xt which i figure is the case, then I can still overclock the puppy, Does anyone have some recommendations on what the best coolant system would be for it?

Welcome to the Forums!!!
It's hit or miss with the X800 pros. My X800pro failed to do the pipe mod, but the greatest success seems to come from the VIVO's. VIVO's are cards similar to the AIW cards but missing the tv tuner. They have a rage theater chip and 1.6ns Samsung RAM(usually since they are XT's in disguise). From my experience the pipe mod is reversable but you really need to have a good idea of what you're doing before you just jump into it. Do your homework and search around. I know somewhere on the net there is a listing of X800 VPU cores and the success rates of their pipe modding. I know that mine has had zero success. I've never heard of a BBA card successfully modded to 16 pipes. I've only heard of 3rd party venders being successful. [/SIZE]
As far as cooling the ATi Silencer, which can be found at newegg, is great. It's quite, a great performer, and even cools the ram. With the stock hsf I got to 540 core stable and 580 mem. With my ATi Silencer, the V-mod I got 575MHz stable on the core. Let us know how your card does. Let us know if you run into any trouble. We are a family of ETHICAL Overclockers(most of us) who are to help. Just be careful because if you don't do you homework and take your time you may kill the card. By doing any of these things that I've discussed here, you will void the warrenty. The manufacturer will not replace it and you will pay out of pocket for a replacement. That's the risk so just be careful and fill us in on your results and always feel free to ask questions.

Last edited:
There is no doubt it is a PRO, I was just hoping that there was some other fluke out there where I could easily flash it to an XT.

But all of that aside, suggestions for cooling??

Back