• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally got this VP-6 to take a bios flash

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kingslayer

Well I finally got the YT bios in. You wouldn't believe it, I had to disable both the L1 and L2 cache, and disable L2 ECC control in order to flash this thing.

Now where in this bios do you turn off ACPI, I didn't see anything.

Wow, never had that much problem flashing my bios before, wonder what was holding you up?

Anyways as far as the APCI goes, I dont know, and I've been wondering myself!

-Trek

Ironic enough, that new BIOS gives you the option to enable/disable it, haha.

Glad to hear it finally took, though. Maybe next time around won't be so difficult.

I was aware of the new option in the bios, but honestly, wondering where it is - couldnt find, it.

Any heads up plz?

-Trek

That's what I'm asking. I dont see the option to turn it off in there either. There isn't anything ACPI related in this bios at all...Most of the Dells at work, say ASPI: ON/OFF. But this might be hidden in there, but I can't find it.

And what held me up was the L1 / L2 caching. I had to turn it off to get the flash to work. Weird huh?

Very weird.

You don't have the ability to turn off ACPI with that new BIOS either? That was one of the big things new to it.

I got mine from VP6-Board, though so maybe I got a different beta version.

You wouldn't happen to still have that file would you. The one that I have I got from Abits FTP server, which only works on the 5th Tuesday of the month.

Sure, I'll post it here. Is the exact one I used and the ACPI function may have actually been hacked in separately. It works though. Reinstalled Win2K after flashing and it disabled ACPI. Other than that it's the same BIOS. Also includes the latest RAID controller BIOS.

Well, I'm not sure how it works with MPS systems in there.

What I would do is disable ACPI in the BIOS after flashing then once in Windows go to Device Manager and change the MPS Multiprocessor System to Standard PC and reboot. Once back into Windows switch BACK to MPS Multiprocessor System and reboot again.

I'm not sure if that will work but it should. Only reason it wouldn't, in my thoughts, is that MPS needs ACPI if it is available which I see no reason it would.

This might work and might not. If Sandra is installed you could check the system information module to see if it says ACPI aware BIOS. If it doesn't...you're in business. One of those first three modules (system info, mainboard and another I can't remember the name of as I'm at work and don't have it here) give you that information.

Back