• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9700 power cable available

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dan0512

I might be geting a refurbished ati 9700 pro this winter and I was wondering if the power cable is available separately, because it's not pictured in the photo on the auction.

Dan

the power cable comes from your power supply. you plug it into the card the same way you would a floppy or cd drive.

so can I just use the connector used to connect the floppy? or should I get an extra one and keep the floppy plugged in at all times?

Dan\

your psu only has one floppy hookup?

normally i don't recommend running more than just your video card one lead from your psu, but i think with a floppy you would be ok. just find a splitter that will turn 1 plug into 2, and you should be ok.

Dan0512 said:
I might be geting a refurbished ati 9700 pro this winter and I was wondering if the power cable is available separately, because it's not pictured in the photo on the auction.

Dan

what kind of connection is on the card? a floppy or a molex?

HousERaT said:
what kind of connection is on the card? a floppy or a molex?

i beleive all 9700's are floppy. they didn't start with the molex untill 9800's afaik.

i don't believe you ...

... haha jk jk...

hmm, when did you buy it? did you get it used or new?

i thought they all had flop's, oh well, :p

learn somethin' new... :D

**Back To Topic**

if its a molex on your card, you should be all set, but don't share the lead with anything. i would keep the 9700 on a lead all by itself.

Some 9800's have floppy connectors too. The 9800 pro (xt core) sitting next to me has one.

Back