• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thoughts on this !!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xtreme Barton

ok changing a desktop to a mobile with a little surgery.. from what ive gathered you can change any desktop into a mobile and mp cpu. given the multi will probably still be locked, and cant be changed on "the fly" within windows.. has anyone attempted this to see if it would change stability or anything at all for overclocking ? my wheels are spinning and seem to have this idea that i may be able to gain something from this ??

Well I had a desktop TbredB changed to a mobile, and I haven't seen any improvement in stability/overclockability what so ever. The limiting factor in overclocking is how far the core itself can be pushed, not something like whether its a mobile or not. The current mobiles OC so well because they are made out of top notch silicone.

Back