• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1gb Lexmark usb 2.0 JumpDrive 50 + FREE SHIPPING AR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d94

$30 a phone
1gb usb 2.0 jumpdrive for $50 after $30 rebate + free shipping @ buy.com

I think the price is a steal considering its $150 @ compusa

-d94

In case anyone else comes across this "deal", buyer beware. I figured I'd try my luck at getting this despite their resellerrating, and so far I am unimpressed, though unripped off.

I ordered virtually the same thing, with the same product status (on order), a 1GB lexar jumpdrive sport, and my order has not been shipped yet.

Note that a status of on order means this:

On Order
We are making every effort to ship your product to you as soon as possible. Unless your item is on pre-order, our supplier has not given us an expected arrival date.

We'll send you eMails updating you on the status of your order. You may cancel any item that is not in stock up to the day the product ships by clicking on 'cancel item' from within your order summary.

I have not been charged for this order as of yet, but I also do not know if I will ever receive the product. Thank god for gmail... Otherwise I don't know how I'd be moving my files around. :)

if i were you i'd cancel your order,
and get this SanDisk 1GB Cruzer Mini for $74.99 w/free ship + $20 rebate = $55.99 AR
since its staples, it very reputable and you can even go to pick it up at the store if you'd like or just buy it there :D

-d94

Thanks for the tip... I thought about doing that, or getting the one from zipzoomfly for about the same price. But I had a 128 cruzer mini before, and I liked this lexar because it can be put on a keychain. I'm thinking the sport isn't being made by the manufacturer anymore, though I'm not sure. I might hang out and wait until I find something that looks sturdy and can go on a keychain nicely - the lanyard for the cruzer isn't too sturdy and I wouldn't trust trying to put it on my keys.

Neither of the drives mentioned are very good for attaching to a key chain, just as a point of information.

BOTH are very well priced though, 4x the storage for the same price I paid just 4 months ago.

The sport version I linked to isn't any good either? It looks like the rubber part could be put on a keychain and the drive taken out to use? I've never handled one though, so I'm just going by poor pictures. I wouldn't mind paying a little more to get what I want. :-/

Here's a picture of the style I have, it's very rugged and designed for daily use on a keychain as the plastic piece that goes through the keychain is very durable:

resize.php

20-191-119-01.JPG

The ones listed above are flimsy at best, and really aren't intended for any serious daily keychain use. I speak from experience!! ;)

Mwave has it for about $78 in 1GB. I might end up buying that... order at buy.com canceled for now. Thanks for the tips.

I cancelled my Buy.com order as well. It became quite apparent that there was no way the rebate would still be valid by the time they shipped it.

Pissed me off too, because I have the 128MB one, and I absolutely love it. I've had it since May, and I use it at work almost daily. Holds up real nice on the keychain, for me at least.

Someone mentioned earlier that they thought buy.com is a little sketchy. I just took a look at the resellerrating and I was pretty shocked to see it so low. I have been buying computer and office stuff from this company for at least a year and a half now without a single hickup. I actually just placed an order there yestarday, so as far as I am concerned they are cool. Otherwise, they might be treating me better cuz I am a longer customer lol.

acesea said:
Someone mentioned earlier that they thought buy.com is a little sketchy. I just took a look at the resellerrating and I was pretty shocked to see it so low. I have been buying computer and office stuff from this company for at least a year and a half now without a single hickup. I actually just placed an order there yestarday, so as far as I am concerned they are cool. Otherwise, they might be treating me better cuz I am a longer customer lol.

It's more a case of what you order it seems... If its in stock you are good. The website doesn't always reflect this at the time of purchase though. Also, there are many reports of people receiving the wrong items in their shipments - you might have just had good luck on this one.

Back