• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan for SO-97 or SI-97

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theMonster

Disabled
Fan for SP-97 or SI-97

I'm getting one of these two heatsinks the first week on November and want to know what's the best fan to get for both cooling and noise. I'm going to attempt to push my m2600 to 2.6-2.7gh on air after I get the heatsink/fan and new PSU. My TT Volcano 11+ does a good/ok job cooling at full spead but is too loud for my tastes, even after the grill has been removed and probably won't be good enough to cool beyond 2.55ghz.

According to the specifications, the Enermax Adjustable is completely adjustable without you needing to buy a fan controller, and has a very good airflow to noise ratio. For the 92mm model, I recommend that OR the Thermal Take Smart Fan 2. The TT is the next best in terms of airflow to noise, but it will max out at a higher RPM with higher airflow if you need some really high performace from it every now and then. If you are going to get a 120mm fan and duct it, I recommend the Enermax, as the 120mm version of the Thermal Take sucks compared to the Enermax in terms of specifications.

You should also look at Delta's GFB series fans. They are dual rotored and have extremely high static pressures.

www.delta.com.tw

92mm Delta HHE, but it is hard to find, as it is exclusive to sidewinder, and they are out. They should have more in december, so I am stuck using a Tornado.

Back