• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for opinions on variable wat ouput to a sub.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RobxMcCarthy

Ok, I've been trying to find opinions on this all over the place and haven't really found a clear cut way of doing this.

Right now I have the headphone out split to rca sent to my subwoofer input which is then amplified. Here's my main problem. The volume of the sub doesn't increase linearly with the speakers. IE it goes up more slowly. Therefore the sub is a little overpowering at low volume levels and not quite up to par at high levels. Don't get me wrong, it still shakes the room obscenely. But I'd like it to be more balanced.

Anyone have an idea of what the best way would be to do this. The RCA outputs are all line nevel out. And I'm not quite sure what the tape-2 monitor output is other than for use with equalizers. Is there a good way to get a volume controlled RCA out?

Back