• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a reason to FOLD? (Read tounge in cheek.)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
I was listening to the radio yesterday on my way home from work. National projections is that heating costs are going to go up. Electric heating about 10% but gas heating about 20% increase. I know right.

Hear me out.

We all know that F@H helps fight cancer and other bad stuff. This we all know.

How about F@H to augment your gas heating in your home?* I have gas heat. In the winter, I have a room that I close the register and even close the door on the room and it gets WARM in there. I could offset my gas heating by getting more F@H rigs. We could all save gas and save... you know... people too.

TL;DR F@H may help to lower your heating costs*

* F@H most likely will not help lower your heat costs but might serve as the excuse you were looking for to start folding.

We're having cold weather. Not "shut down the State" cold but below freezing for sure. You Texans know what I'm saying. :rofl: ;) Too soon?

So,we're knee deep into October and still overnights temps not getting down into the 50s F., maybe next month. Back in the days when it would get cold, our central AC would eat propane to the tune of $500/mo. I'll be replacing it in spring, maybe have a unit with heat pump capabilities for not-too-cold days, and only switch to propane for the really cold periods. I could put the folding desktops in the rooms we spend the most time in, would have to use WIFI to return WUs. Also, would have to change out the fans with more quiet ones.

I fired the Alienware back up this weekend, because the new Modern Warfare wouldn't start on my Threadripper/3080 machine? Maybe it was a windows10 thing...Anyway, I'll have a production boost at least until I finish the campaign, and then we'll see how good the MP is...

Still hitting 80 during the day here but temps are slowly coming down.

Back