• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Better sound with Nforce 5.10?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-=A][A=-cazman

Hey guys I have the Asus A7N8X dx mb and was wondering if the new Nforce drivers give you better/cleaner sound? Also whats the best way to remove the old ones? Add/remove programs remove those and then run driver cleaner and reboot? Or will it try to reinstall the old ones upon rebooting? I have XP with SP2 installed.

Well as for me I did not notice any change as far as sound goes. There are no issues as far as I know if you install them on top of the old ones. This problem used to happen when the NF2 chipset first came, where you absolutely should not instale the Nvidia IDE drivers, the M$ were better. Since then no problem

Stupid nVidia, those morons forgot to update the win2k page for these drivers, just installed them, not one problem yet, I didn't install the Audio drivers though, they haven't given me the audio quality I want, I use their 3.66 Audio driver, no complaints. :)

Back