• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone use these fans?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The Panaflos look good, and those are the made in Japan ones, so get those, but the first fan doesn't look great.

That's a great price for Panaflos. Like cetoole said, the brand of the first fans can't be determined, so it would probably be good not to spend a ton on them.

Sevin7 said:
those are straight ****, 120mm's that only move 70cfm? Myne move 140+ and they only cost $4 each
At how many dBa?? 60?? 70??
lol no thanks...

cetoole said:
The first ones are Top Motor, and are rated for 38.6 db. I would not get these.
Yeah I think I am gonna go with some panaflo's
can anyone determine where this one is made?? it's really blurry?
e2_1_b.JPG

If those are the ones from the e-bay page you linked to, Japan, and L1A, but it looks different, is that 120mm? You do know that is a 24v fan you are looking at, right?

cetoole said:
If those are the ones from the e-bay page you linked to, Japan, and L1A, but it looks different, is that 120mm? You do know that is a 24v fan you are looking at, right?
Yes I know it is a 24v
Are they useable in a PC though?

Maybe, they might not start when connected to the 12v rail, and if they do, they will go very slow. It depends on each fan how it reacts to undervolting, much like cpus react to overclocking. It looks like Japan for that picture too.

yes my fans are insanely loud, i can close my door, walk downstairs, and about 30 feet away and still hear my computer. It sounds like a tornado, But thats why i have a fan speed controller. Turn them down, then turn them up when im gaming and i have the volume up so high i cant notice them @ all. The fans are so powerful i accidently stuck my big toe in one and it took a huge chunk out and i had 2 get stiches.I got them from excess-solutions.com , there the 1.61amp 120mm fans, but i think they quit selling them. They also have less powerful fans that arent as loud, and i have some of there .51 amp 80mm fans, they are very loud , and very powerful for there size.

You might want to try the following Sanyo Denki fans if your looking for 120mm:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3673&item=6714087199&rd=1

I orderd a few of these based on comments from this forum and they seem to be pretty good fans. They move a lot of air so they are not all that quite from the rush of air but they are at a good price.

[KX3]rAge said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3673&item=6715023155&rd=1
Pretty cheap and seem to have decent specs, anyone have any experience with them??

I second the Sanyos, the only problem is they are 38mm thick. If you can get past that these are awesome fans...I bought five.

Bad ConNecTioN said:
I second the Sanyos, the only problem is they are 38mm thick. If you can get past that these are awesome fans...I bought five.
Any other opinions on the Sanyos?

If you look at the specs on the ebay site you will see it says bearing = sleave
this will fail in a short amount of time with a little dirt and with constant running. Always look for ballbearing based fans they will last alot longer.

First thing I do so every system I see or work on is replace the fans if they are the sleave bearings. I cant count the number of bad sleave type fans I have changed in my life.

Thanks for your input. However there is even a pinned topic about these exact fans in the calssified section with everyone raving about how well they've worked. I bought them anyway, despite the fact about sleeve bearings, we'll see how they work out but from others experiences they should work swell.

It was late and I must have missed it being a 120mm fan these will do better with sleave type bearings. They have slower rpm's most the time and this helps alot with sleave bearings. I still would look for ball bearings myself but thats because I have to maintain a bunch of systems at work and I hate to change fans so I am always looking for longest life.

Back