• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is special cooling needed for DTR 3200+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pronoob

Hi I just got myself with a nice and decent DTR3200+ and I am planning to use the original Opteron HSF for my first time. Do you think the base of the HSF will touch the top of the die?? :confused:

It may, but from what ive heard, is you need an after market HS, like a 948 or an xp90 because they need to screw down to be tight on the die. More than welcome to try, but i would still upgrade.

99% sure it won't work. An XP90 also probably won't work. Only a bolt-down HSF suchas the SLK948U will.

Not a clue.....get something by thermalright, thermaltake, or zalman. Also, copper is better than aluminum. And get a nice 80mm tornado fan.

Cheapest I can find is an Alpha 8150T. It's a solid heatsink for sure, but only a couple of bucks cheaper than an SLK948U.

Back