• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is repair possible for this crt?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johnoh

I have a 4 year old KDS VS-21E CRT. Its a 21-inch monitor that looks as good as new most of the time. But once in a while the picture just slowly fades to black, taking about 5 seconds to do so. Then an hour later it will come back on, going from black to bright in about 5 seconds. Also, sometimes when it is off and you turn it on, nothing happens. You can hear the sounds that a crt makes when you turn it on, the static sound and the "boing" sound (sorry for the non-technical description - but I'm referring to the sounds that all my crt's make when you turn them on), but it just stays black. Then later it will fade to bright and its fine again.

Obviously something is broken and I just want to know what are the hopes of fixing it or having someone fix it. None of the symptoms are affected by software - it doesn't matter if I'm in the bios or windows or DOS. Thanks.

Back