• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best drivers for my 9800pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ArTiFaX

hey all, i just got a 9800pro and I was wondering what drivers are the best for this card. I know people will have different opinions, thats perfectly alright. I'll just go with the driver most recommended. I am using win xp by the way. thanx

shuRe said:
omegas 2.5.90 tbh.

thanx shure, but where can i find these drivers? I believe ati.com only has the catalyst drivers, but i could be wrong?????? thanx

thanx alot person LOL I'm gonna do some trial and error with my card to see which ones work the best! :p

I use the ATi Catalyst 4.8 Drivers in my Windows XP partition, for playing games, and everything else. I've never been a huge fan of Omega's drivers, and tend to stick to the official releases.

Everyone seems to have different preferences though. Most people just try out both the official ATi Cats, as well as Omega's modified Cats, and choose a favourite based on what they see :).

well i've come to my conclusion, SCREW OMEGA DRIVERS!!! I just tried installing the ones that person recommended above and they gave me errors and ****, so i immediately uninstalled them and went back to the 4.7 cats. I may try the 4.8's fel, see if i get any increase on 3dmark, if not, then i will be content with the 4.7's.

Are you uninstalling and cleaning old drivers correctly? Try using a program called Driver Cleaner 3 and follow the instructions it comes with.

I did that already, i still got some kind of an error. Ah well, i'm just gonna stick with these 4.7 cats, they are doing ok i guess. I got a 3dmark 03 score of 5575 and a 3dmark 2001se score of 15,757. Is this good or bad?

Back