• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temp Sensors?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fervidsea

Registered
I have the kingwin thermal center that has 3 temp sensors. I had to remove where I placed them to clean the cpu and gpu to reapply AS5.

Question #1 is Where is the best place to mount the one for CPU and the One for the GPU?

Question #2 is WHAT can I use to reconnect them. They came with yellow "tape". It is no good now and I need to use something else. I know I can purchase the same yellow tape somewhere but I wanted to know if there was a more available alternative?

Thank you.

Well you are supposed to use "thermal tape" u can get that at most pc clubs and such but a cheaper / less effective alternative is to just use scotch tape (its what i use and gives pretty accurate temps about 1 degree off if u mount it right)
and the best place to mount on a cpu is on the bottom of the heatsink (u want to use thermal tape for this) and on a gpu usually the best u can do is on the side of the heatsink, but if it has a large enough of a base you can put it on the bottom (again if u are putting the monitor next to the core use thermal tape) hope that helps

Back