• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good tested overclock settings for Athlon 2600+ Barton?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RogueFoxx

Hi,

I've been trying different bios settings for overclocking my amd athlon 2600+ barton / asus a7n8x-x mb and am having some trouble coming up with some stable settings. Could someone please post some settings they use/have used that are stable for them so I could try some of them out?

Thanks in advance :)

That's a tough one!
Since all motherboards and processors are different it's hard to post settings that will work on YOUR setup.
Why don't you drop to a lower multiplier (say 10) and run your RAM at max voltage and then see how high a FSB you get?
After that, see what's the max multiplier/FSB your setup will hold.
As far as voltage, the Mobile XP's can handle 2 volts (and under) well. I don't like going avobe 1.95 (1.90 load).

Remember to increase you chipset voltage at around 210-215 FSB and by all means don't be afraid to feed your memory/processor voltage (within reason).

BTW, don't get on the "xx Mhz or bust" mindset but listen to what your setup is telling you and make the best out of what you've got.

You must test and write down all the best parameters of your motherboard/cpu and memory to get the most effective overclock. Test, test and test again and do a 24 hour run with Prime95.

This is the deal: Once you have tested all your settings, you should have your computer with the tightest settings that will run reliably on the biggest multiplier using the biggest FSB.

Take your time because you won't do it in one afternoon (that's the fun part)

These are my numbers (so you'll see what's possible)
235 X 11.5 (2.7 Ghz) 1.95 Vcore, chipset 1.7 volts, memory 2.8 volts
256 X 2 KHX DDR400 @ 2.5 2 3 11
idle 33c load 47c on air cooling

Back