• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A8V Deluxe Rev. 2 - Bios Overclock???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sammy5gs

Hey Guys...

I just build my rig with this board, and noticed that when I first went into bios, an option called AI Overclocking was set to Auto, which then hid all of the manual settings one would use on the freq. of the CPU. I let it go for the moment, and installed Windows XP Pro with no problems.

Now, as I am tweaking the Bios, I wanted to go in and manually set the STOCK clock speeds of my CPU (3500+). So, I switched it to Manual, and set the frequency to 200, set the mult. to 11, set the mem to 1:1, disabled 2T command rate, set the AGP/PCI to 66.66/33.33, and thought that would not be a problem.

Come to find out on reboot that I get a POST message that states "overclocking failed...hit F1 to enter Setup, hit F2 to load default..."

What is that all about? I am not overclocking, I am just disabling the AI Overclock, which I don't want enabled. Nonetheless, I switched everything back the way it was, and all systems go now?

Any thoughts to this madness????

How many times did that happen?
If everything is at stock (cool and quiet disabled) try resetting the CMOS by taking off the battery and waiting for about 5 min.

Back