• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone know?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ultra-

Hi, I'm new to the forums and all and I have one quick question. In the front bottom part of my computer case lies a usb input, some other unkown device input and a placed for headphone/mic jacks. Where do i get these jacks? I don't think i have a sound card so that might be the problem. If so, what card would have these? Thanks :)

Those plug into your motherboard, it usualy has connectors for those. Just check your manual. How can you not know if you have a sound card though?

Well I opened up my computer and I don't think I saw a sound card. I don't have a manual because by dad's friend was the one who built me the computer (that was 3-4 years ago). So... yeah. :D

Err, well you can tell if you have a sound card(including integrated sound) if you speakers make sounds, heh. Or check the back for the plugs. If it happens you dont have any sound, I think you are safe with any Creative sound card, or maybe a Santa Cruz(spelled right?). The other connector is probably firewire, its like usb but not.

If you need to buy a sound card, I suggest www.newegg.com, but you are probably better off saving up for a new pc if it really is 4 years old.

Yeah, it's probably an integrated sound card. I probably won't ever upgrade because my dad believes it's still "top of the line" with its pc2100 256 ddr ram, radeon 7500 and 1.8ghz processor :(. Anywho, I still need to know how i can get these jacks (headphone/mic). Any help?

I don't know how other cases work, but my case came with plugs that went all the way from the front where the audio jacks were to the back where you could plug them into a soundcard. See what's running from the inside of your case around that area and you may find something similar.

JigPu

That and maybe some more info on what kind of MB it is and we could find if its integrated sound or had an option for the usb jacks or headphones in front.

Back