• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how much $/month does you chiller setup cost?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d94

$30 a phone
how much $/month does you chiller setup cost to run?

first off- is there another name for a "chiller" setup?

here's the big chabanagabang : :beer:
my uncle works in the heating/cooling business (he actually works for himself). Seems that he has access to quite a few compressor setup's that get pitched every now and then! So, he asked me i im interested...
i dont know much of anything about the subject, and upon asking my dad if he would mind me running one in the house, he replied "your payen' the electrical bill for it" :p

so, how much does it cost to run one of these babies, and what would i need in addition to get it set-up?
BTW, what do you think i could get my proc running to?

thanks
-d94

Last edited:
I think I remember reading it adds something like $15-20 a month depending on how much it has to run (24h or not). So I guess it depends on how hardcore you are...

For a chiller? ~250W constant draw when it's on. It's too early for maths though :d

By chiller do you mean a phase-change system that cools a water/liquid cooling loop? Or lump of copper with boiling propane inside strapped onto the CPU die.

Back