• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Load, Where does it come from..Where did mine go

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

f29pc

Registered
I was cruising along at a stable 260X9.5 with my 3400 on a LP250 UT when I started to read about the 1/2 multi. issues and the AMD 64's. I changed to a 10x and started to push it with clock-gen, and crashed at 261 with a ton of volts.. (H20 cooled).
I backed down to 10X250 1.7v 37C and primed overnight.
It's runnung stable, but I lost the CPU usage info in MBM and in the OSD when using FFdshow. In MBM it shows the CPU speed in the usage block and 0 in the mgz ( running at) block. CPUZ correctly identifies the cpu at 2500, and durring boot the bios shows correctly as a 3400. This happend on an EPOX board, and flashing the bios didn't help, but used that board on a different system, and on a fresh load of XP the info was back..
Can anyone tell me where these programs get the info from, what I broke, or how to fix it without F-disking..??
Thanks

Thank god all you guys taught me the right way to O/C. Step 1.. (I do it without even thinking now before I change anything) Create a restore point.... The problem is remembering to use it !!!!!!!!!! Lucky for me it's my memmory to be the first to go... :beer: I restored and it's working again...

Back