• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7V-133 Volt mod...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Coolest

What do I have to do to mod the the volts, and how does it effect the volt settings?

So if my settings are now 1.75V and I add a 30Kohm resistor on the same setting I'll get 1.80V?

Or am I wrong?

The Coolest said:
So if my settings are now 1.75V and I add a 30Kohm resistor on the same setting I'll get 1.80V?

Or am I wrong?
Quoted from that site:"After this small modification your Vcore should be about 0,3 Volt higher than the selected Vcore of your BIOS.

So if you select a Vcore of 1,5 V the real ! Vcore is 1,8 Volt and with a selection of 1,75 V you'll get 2,05 Volt.
And you'll get a really nice Vcore of 2,15 Volt if you set the voltage in your BIOS to 1,85 Volt."

From this mod, if you start from 1.75v, and add.3v, you should get 2.05v

I did my mod with a 47k varible resistor/potentiometer, that allows me to adjust it. I can go into the bios to the voltage/frequency screen, and watch the voltage go up, and down as I adjust the pot. This can also be done in windoze using Motherboard Monitor, after setting it to update every 2 seconds. If you use the pot, make sure to turn it to MAXIMUM resistance before starting up!

Please let us know how you make out.

Good luck,

Doctor

This is gonna seem dumb of me to ask if you dwell on the fact that by choosing the A7V-E board I choose the "budget" board but is there a over volt mod for my motherboard? I've not seen one directly for my specific board but I'd be willing to give 1.95v a shot and see if I could break 1,100mhz if I knew how.

Back