• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how can i build a chiller or extreme cooling setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

supergt99

i have a window AC that i dont use anymore but it still works. how can i hook this into my computer? i see lots of people doing on here but cant really find the info that i need to help me get started. so how do i go about doing this? what parts will i need? i have a 3.2e coming and i want to get OVER 4ghz.

Well first off you should proboly join the XtremeSystems Forums and post in the Chilled Liquid Cooling section the experts in there will be able to help you.

Then you should read this whole thread
Chiller Sticky .

If you still have any questions I am sure someone on here will be able to help you.

this is a guide written by shimano (lardarse at extremesystems) that explains everything you need to know to build your first phase change system. i followed the guides and, having no knowledge of phase change, was able to complete my build in a little under two weekends.

part1
part2

f00t said:
this is a guide written by shimano (lardarse at extremesystems) that explains everything you need to know to build your first phase change system. i followed the guides and, having no knowledge of phase change, was able to complete my build in a little under two weekends.

part1
part2

How much did it cost you? What are your temps like?

i had absolutely nothing (--> that includes tools) and i came away with a descent price tage of $245cnd ($205usd).

tools --> various places (home depot/ refrigeartion shops) about $120cnd
compressor/ condensor --> junkyard from broken dehumidifier for free
vaccum pump --> compressor from broken fridge for free
copper tubing/ evaporator pieces/ various --> home depot/ forgot price
refrigerant --> propane ($4.50cnd a bottle)
insulation --> not yet

without any insulation on anything the lowest i've gotten was -38C on the bare evaporator

Back