• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EPoX EP-8K7A+ vs. EP-8KHA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RyE

Just wondering if theres a really big performance diff between the 2 diff mobos. I know one has kt266 and the other amd760 but i have heard mixed opinions on which is better. and EP-8KHA has 3 dimms which is good, but the 8K7a has raid, which is not a necesity but i might get later..

any input would be helpful. thx

RyE said:
Just wondering if theres a really big performance diff between the 2 diff mobos. I know one has kt266 and the other amd760 but i have heard mixed opinions on which is better. and EP-8KHA has 3 dimms which is good, but the 8K7a has raid, which is not a necesity but i might get later..

any input would be helpful. thx

8KHA is practically jumper free whereas 8K7A is laden with dips and shorts to mess with

when looking at those benchies, look at the actual figures and not just the graphs. the way they're done makes the difference look bigger than it actually is. a one or frame per second hit at over a hundred fps is a hit i'm willing to take for completely jumperless design at a much lower price. so far, i love my 8kha to bits!!

ermm.. just a quick update i left off. this is the one thing that bugs me about the 8kha: the 8kha only gives you 0.1v over your default voltage, which is not a lot. the 8k7a has a much higher voltage range, which will be of use if you're really planning to overclock. when my glaciator arrives i'm going to try to pencil in my l7 bridges which will take my max voltage up to 1.95. still, the 8k7a is much better in this respect.

proze said:
ermm.. just a quick update i left off. this is the one thing that bugs me about the 8kha: the 8kha only gives you 0.1v over your default voltage, which is not a lot. the 8k7a has a much higher voltage range, which will be of use if you're really planning to overclock. when my glaciator arrives i'm going to try to pencil in my l7 bridges which will take my max voltage up to 1.95. still, the 8k7a is much better in this respect.

But you gotta admit Paul - 8KHA is super stable at that andf allows for some nice overclocking manouveures to be performed. Have you manged the 360 flip noselide 180 DDR move yet - RAD ~

do both boards work with the palminos? I think andy had a morgan chip in the 8k7a but what about the 8hka?

yep, that it is. no issues with the sblive either, which can only be a good thing. as i mentioned before, i'm seriously liking this board. but my fave trick has to be the 180 nollie to ddr darkslide to frontside bus boardslide, and ending off with a manual-(adjustment-of-all-the-nice-overclocking-features-from-right-within-bios)! :) :D :D

andy had the morgan at 1.6ghz in the 8KHA, not the 8k7a! and yep, they both support the palomino and morgan.

Back