• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will my RAID still work with a diff. manu. motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ed.howell

I was wondering if my 2 sets of RAID 0 array's will work if I switched from my Asus P4C800E to an Abit IC7-G? Or any motherboard change for that matter as long as it is capable of at least 2 sets of RAID arrays.

Thanks

The only thing I could think of is if you use Windows XP or 2k they will probably BSOD if you try to boot straight from them. This is due to something about the drivers or something... I forget what exactly. But anyways, you should be able to do a repair install and see if that works. This way, only your C:\windows is overwritten and everything else stays intact...

Are you sure this will work or you're just asuming?I'll get a A64 in december and I'll be doing pretty much the same thing,only I want to do a fresh install on my Raid 0,not repair.

Doing a repair install will be fine. You may want to have a floppy handy with the sata raid controller drivers on it just in case the repair installation asks if you need to install third party raid controller drivers.

Back