• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone with an OC'd Winchester please respond

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

majinwar

I just RMAed my ABIT mobo for my Winchester and am getting the infamous MSI Neo2 Plat instead. I was wondering what settings you guys are using with your OC'd rig, I know each system is different, but im just looking for a ballpark range. Thanks :santa:

majinwar said:
I just RMAed my ABIT mobo for my Winchester and am getting the infamous MSI Neo2 Plat instead. I was wondering what settings you guys are using with your OC'd rig, I know each system is different, but im just looking for a ballpark range. Thanks :santa:

If you understand that each system is different, then you know that nobody on this forum can answer your question. Each person adjusts his or her own settings according to both their needs and their hardware. I suppose I could provide a "sneak peek" at a general starting point, but you have not even taken the time to disclose your own hardware. At the very least, you need to provide is with a signature outlining your hardware specs (see mine for example). Then, and only then, can we truly be of help to you.

deception``

Last edited:
majinwar said:

http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=13423&vpn=A8N-SLI-DX&manufacture=ASUS

I would recommend holding out one more week and getting a next generation nForce4 product and skip the now legacy boards. Its gonna cost you alot more but would be way more future proof and provide better overclocking on current Winchester chips.

OC-Master

OC-Master said:
http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=13423&vpn=A8N-SLI-DX&manufacture=ASUS

I would recommend holding out one more week and getting a next generation nForce4 product and skip the now legacy boards. Its gonna cost you alot more but would be way more future proof and provide better overclocking on current Winchester chips.

OC-Master

I am going to agree with this... if anyone is to upgrade at this point, why not make it a futureproof upgrade? It only makes sense. Besides, I don't know of a good 939 nf3 mobo. Then again, the same can be said w the NF4, but give them a week or 2 for reviews.

Believe it or not, there are some of us who are happy with our "legacy" AGP cards. I love my real ATI 9800XT. It meets my needs. From what I've been reading, it appears NV4 based motherboards are not going to allow us to keep our AGP graphic cards and for that reason, I won't be waiting for one despite other nice features the NV4 chipset offers.

Hoot

Hoot said:
Believe it or not, there are some of us who are happy with our "legacy" AGP cards. I love my real ATI 9800XT. It meets my needs. From what I've been reading, it appears NV4 based motherboards are not going to allow us to keep our AGP graphic cards and for that reason, I won't be waiting for one despite other nice features the NV4 chipset offers.

Hoot
Very true, but you gotta remember that there is other things than videocards that PCI-E uses...namely soundcards. But you are right, today there is no need for PCI-E. That should change shortly.

340$ for a mobo? thats crazy..id stick witht eh neo2 plat and let nf4 mature and see what results people are getting, then sell that neo2 and upgrade. (assuming you wait like 3-6monthes

seer33 said:
340$ for a mobo? thats crazy..id stick witht eh neo2 plat and let nf4 mature and see what results people are getting, then sell that neo2 and upgrade. (assuming you wait like 3-6monthes

We don't have any real prices for upcoming Nforce 4 motherboards. Anything you find on the net now is based on initial pricing, which more often than not is quite inflated from what we will find from the Newegg's and other respectable retailers. Do not draw conclusions on the price of a SLI motherboard until they begin to show up everywhere.

deception``

Back