• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do they?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Msi.

Hello

I was wondering were people on ebay etc... get these really good video cards / sound cards etc... for cheap.

A few local computer stores do the same, they get things for half the price they are worth and sell it to you for a lot. Does anyone know were there getting it all from? contracts with big companies?

any answers on this subject would be great :)

Hmmmm.........If I knew that, I probably would be making a career move. Sometimes companies buy things in huge bulks & get major discounts. There are a bunch of indo endo's involved.

Computer stores don't typically get things for half what they sell them to you for.

They do get better pricing than you do, and don't have to pay tax on the parts, but its not on the order of 50%.

Computer stores normally make about 10% on $500 items. On your cheapo usb xmas tree they are making about 70% to 130%... (well, thats how it is in Australia.)

Back