• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Front Right Channel Stopped Working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ziggo0

Strangely enough...my front right channel seems to have stopped making 'loud' sound. Its just a really faint sound..no matter how loud i have the speakers up. Im using the Creative 5.1 5200 i believe. I know the following:

It isnt my sound card
It isnt the cables connecting the speakers

What does that leave? The connection the sub (where everything plugs in at). This is rather...bothering me. Mainly because the day before everything was working great, i didnt have it up very loud, and now it seems to not work at all. Front left, rear right, and rear left are working perfectly. Im not using the center channel either. All the balance settings in windows are right inbetween front, rear left and right. I also tryed it with my cdplayer, laptop and another computer, still nothing. I dont want to go back to some old crappy speakers...i love my bass!

Well...i guess it was one of the wires. It seems the wire i made to extend the original cord shorted out. Fixed that up and now i can finally listen to my wonderful music! Thanks anyways

Back